A new international edition of the 1st curricular year started in September 2017. Classes take place online and onsite. English is the language used in the doctoral program.
The next edition of the 1st curricular year will be in 2019-20. Applications will be welcome during the Spring 2019.
A new curriculum for the Doctoral Program in Complexity Sciences has been approved, in July 2015, by the Portuguese Ministry of Education and Science.
The new curriculum comprehends a 1st curricular year and a 2nd and 3rd years mainly dedicated to research at PhD level. Students are invited to develop their research projects at BioISI (FCUL, Lisbon), ISTAR (ISCTE-IUL, Lisbon), and IITGn (Gandhinagar, India).
The curricular structure is as following:
1st year, 1st semester
- Advanced Topics in Complexity Sciences I – 12 credits, program, mandatory
- Research Methods for Phd in Complexity Sciences I – 12 credits, program, mandatory
- Option I: Research Topics in Social Stigmergy – 12 credits, program, optional (or other subject choosed at ISCTE-IUL or FCUL)
1st year, 2nd semester
- Research Methods for Phd in Complexity Sciences II – 12 credits, program, mandatory
- Advanced Topics in Complexity Sciences II – 12 credits, program, mandatory
- Option II
2nd and 3rd years
- Phd Thesis in Complexity Sciences – 120 credits, mandatory
Applications and Fees for the current edition started in September 2017
- Application: 50€
- Fee 1st year at ISCTE-IUL: 1300€
- Fee 2nd year at FCUL: 1200€
- Fee 3rd year at ISCTE-IUL: 1200€
Jorge Louçã – Jorge.L@iscte.pt